Thursday, March 31, 2016

・*・:≡( ε:) He said each day's a gift and not a given right Leave no stone unturned, leave your fears behind ♬

...that moment when your brother says a curse word and you can't look at them the same bc you always thought he was so innocent...:((((( I'm not stupid, I've seen the websites he's been on and every other word is a cuss word...but...。゜゜(´O`)°゜。. I think the reason it hits me so hard is bc this means he's...really not a kid anymore. o(TヘTo) lOl, I remember feeling this same way when my cousin said a cuss word out loud. The room just went silent and...I was all...did I hear that right? And I did. And 。゚・ (>﹏<) ・゚。. It's one of my unfortunately many things I don't like. I mean I'm surrounded by it, but I can't get myself to say any of the cuss words. It's...a turnoff for someone to excessively cuss; honestly, it makes me cringe. 

something positive about that day:
Kids...are such precious sweethearts. I mean...really...how could you not love their precious little hearts? So shadowing today was a lot better than I had made it out to be. I had heard from several people about how the staff were "mean" but it wasn't really mean but more of a firm attitude. I mean if you ask a child to put up his toys nicely with a super smiley face he's gonna think you're joking. You have to show you're serious. 

My mom made shrimp c rice! The rice are huge!! She got them from Texas and gosh they are so juicy and succulent...it's DELICIOUS!!

Lol...and one of the kids called me "pretty". (*≧ω≦*) Lol. Idc what anyone says, compliments from a kid are way better than a compliment from an adult. 

One little girl actually kept hugging me but she was mostly nonverbal so it was difficult to decipher what she wanted. Lol, at one point she dressed up as a witch and she was the most adorable witch ever!! 

Oh and the parking lot was small so I think I did a pretty good job parking decently. Let me just say, I'm not a good parker. I mean usually I can get inside the lines, but man sometimes my car is just too chunky. Lol and I was able to reverse successfully in such a small place. LEt me just say that, if possible, I would never reverse bc there's too much risk in an accidental hit. 

what I had accomplished:
I...made conversation with the classmate. Lol, of course there were moments of silences, but one)at lunch when we sat in his car, the radio filled the silence, and two)the children talked enough that even if I'm quiet, it didn't seem bothersome. Also...I realized that I think I'm actually comfortable around him. I know this bc usually if I'm uncomfortable with a person, a silence will cause my brain to go into overdrive with thoughts like: oh man. Oh man, what do I talk about. Think! Think! Think!(lol, hoping for a Brain blast!!) What subject do normal people talk about? Huh? Brain? Think!. But if I'm comfortable with the person, I tend to trail off into my own thoughts and when the silence is broken then it's broken. Lol. And that's what happened today. 

I also found that I tend to like older children more than smaller children. They can actually have a conversation with me and I'm not having to mindread their needs...which by the way, I am very bad at. I can talk with them and make friends(lol, kids are the best friends you could ever have!!) and...and just enjoy childhood innocence and energy again. (⌒‿⌒) Don't get me wrong, I'm still more of a one on one person, so teacher is definitely out of the question for a career. It was just nice, bc my shadow day was filled with playing with sweet children. Lol, some of them sweeter than others. 

something I looked forward to the next day:
tomorrow is FRIDAY!! I have a 12 hour school day tomorrow, but it's FRIDAY!!!! Lol, Friday means an upcoming weekend baby!!! Weekends, whether I have to do stuff or not do stuff, are WEEKENDS and are meant for joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! o(>ω<)o

No comments:

Post a Comment